Property Development Finance for UK Builders and Developers
Whether it’s a major refurbishment, a new build or a ‘ground-up’ development we can offer finance tailored specifically to your project and individual requirements.
We can source funding for residential, commercial, industrial, mixed-use projects and part-furnished developments.
We’re able to provide property development loans equivalent to 75% of the estimated gross development value (GDV) of the project. For experienced property developers, we can often secure 100% funding to acquire a development site and build out to completion.
Funding Structures Available
- Standard development facilities as a first charge
- Mezzanine or ‘top-up’ debt as a second charge (where first charge lenders allow)
- Joint Venture (JV) lending
- Up to 100% funding to acquire a development site and build out to completion (subject to experience)
What types of projects are supported
- Residential housing
- Commercial property including single build and multiple units
- Mixed-use commercial and residential units (semi-commercial)
- Purpose-built student accommodation
- Refurbishments and Conversions
- Purpose-built such as nursing care homes
Summary of current key property development finance underwriting criteria
- Applications should be supported by good evidence for local demand
- If properties are to be retained on completion, long term refinance options are available
- Developments ought to show sufficient margin to absorb any possible fluctuations in the anticipated GDV of the project
- The borrower or proposed main contractor should have a good CV and able to demonstrate relevant experience